Friday, February 15, 2013

#vdayplaylist

Growing up, one of my favorite hobbies was making a mixed tape, and my love of mixed tapes has never died. When people transitioned to CD, I did as well, burning mixed compilations for birthday, holidays and special occasions. I'd make the cover art and the backing pages by hand. But once I had kids, my free time dwindled and the pastime was forgotten in a haze of diaper changing and cleaning. However, since the advent of Spotify, the mixed tape aka playlist has come back. I make them all the time and occasionally share them with friends. The only sad thing - no handmade artwork to go along with it.

Yesterday, I shared some of the tracks on my #vdayplaylist and I was asked to share the complete list. I tried to range the gamut of love, from happy & hopeful to tragic & despairing to lusty & wanting. 

Can't Help Falling in Love - Lick the Tins
Breathin' - Asylum Street Spankers
In Spite of Ourselves - John Prine & Iris Dement
My Funny Valentine - Chet Baker
Cupid - Amy Winehouse
You Belong to My Heart - Old 97's
Let's Stay Together - Al Green
Make You Feel My Love - Adele
Valentine - Fiona Apple
We Both Go Down Together - The Decemberists
I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers
Question - Old 97's
I Will Follow You into the Dark - Death Cab for Cutie
My Valentine - Paul McCartney
Wicked Game - Chris Isaak
Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye

What songs would you have on your #vdayplaylist?


No comments:

Post a Comment